Organized Labor comprises a key--and natural--base of allies in the fight to win a We the People Amendment ending corporate rule over our democracy. Organized labor has played a pivotal role in shaping workplace conditions and protecting the rights of millions of working people worldwide. Historically, the labor movement is our strongest and longest-lived organized force against corporate rule.
About the Labor Caucus...
Local, regional and a few national unions have endorsed Move to Amend. These endorsements are gained through relationships. Some believe our most impactful way to move forward to connect and collaborate with organized labor is to connect at the grassroots level and move up while others feel it’s best to find contacts within national unions. Both strategies have their places.
The Labor Caucus is the space where we discuss, strategize, plan and report. We support Move to Amend organizers as they build relationships with organized labor and secure organized labor endorsements.
- If you are part of a Move to Amend affiliate, join now to learn more about how to interface effectively with organized labor.
- If you are a union member or connected in any way to worker organizing, join us to share leads, insights, ideas, and strategies.
Organized workers are our natural allies; we need you to join the campaign to spread the word and get Labor on board!
Check Out Our Introductory Webinar
- Introduction to organized labor for Move to Amend volunteers (readings and resources)
- Engaging organized labor and labor unions (Labor Caucus kick-off webinar 9/2015 - 1 hr 15 min)
- "Move to Amend Reports" podcast interview with Labor Caucus Chair Mike Ferner (9/2015)
- Slide Presentation to Labor Groups
Making the Calls:
Making the Case:
- Top reasons labor supports Move to Amend
- Invitation to Collaborate with Labor
- Talking points: why organized labor and Move to Amend have shared interests
- Expand Human and Worker Rights by Abolishing Corporate Constitutional Rights
- Labor Organizations in Support of MTA
- Model resolution for organized labor endorsing "We the People" amendment
- Sample letter for unions to send to state / federal elected officials urging support for "We the People" amendment
Resolutions in Support: