There’s never been a more urgent time to end the power of corporations to dominate our lives, harm our communities and destroy the natural world.
- Exxon-Mobil and other fossil fuel corporations knowingly destroy our climate.
- Big agricultural corporations poison our food (i.e. glyphosate by Monsanto).
- Insurance corporations deny our health care coverage.
- Military contractor corporations spend more of our tax dollars to build more weapons used to wage perpetual military conflicts.
- Big Tech corporations spy on us and have divided us against one another.
- Well Fargo corporation defrauded millions of customers.
- Purdue Pharma corporation killed hundreds of thousands from pushing opioids.
The list is endless.
It’s all been and remains incredibly profitable. Virtually all of it has been or is legal.
Yet, there’s never been a more opportunistic time to end the power of corporations.
People are fed up and angry. They’re seeing through the corporate PR. And there’s increasing awareness that corporations are too big, monopolistic, unaccountable and powerful.
That’s why there has never been a more appropriate time for Move to Amend to expand our education, advocacy and organizing in 2024.
We had a very active 2023 – thanks to your support.
We want to be more active in 2024. With your time, energy and/or financial support, here’s some of what we have planned:
- Recruiting more than 100 We the People Amendment Congressional co-sponsors.
- Introducing the We the People Amendment in the U.S. Senate.
- Working with our supporters across the country to educate on corporate rule around the anniversaries of the Citizens United Supreme Court decision in January, the Santa Clara Supreme Court decision anniversary (which first legitimized “corporate personhood”) in May, “Independence Day” in July, and Constitution Day in September.
- Expanding our current list of 750 organizational endorsers and 700 local and 8 state resolutions and ballot initiatives.
- Participate in the Veterans for Peace national march focusing on peace and democracy from March to July, Alliance for Just Money-sponsored “Mayday for Money” march/rally in May in Chicago, Poor People’s March in DC in June, and the Democratic National Convention actions in Chicago in August.
- Make two presentations at the national Law & Society Association conference in Denver in June – as stepping stones to connecting activists and academia on working together for democratizing the U.S. Constitution.
Quarterly webinars drawing from our Movement Education Program and regular educational programs connecting corporate rule and money in politics to economic, political, social and environmental issues – and, of course, the 2024 elections.
- An online celebration of our 15th Anniversary in October.
None of this, however, will be possible without your generous financial contribution.
We know the 2024 elections will be a monumental challenge to maintain interest, energy and funding in the fundamental work of ending corporate rule and the corruption of big money in elections. Yet, the elections will undoubtedly underline why the We the People Amendment (HJR54) is so urgent as the voices of people without money will be drowned out and many fundamental issues of justice, peace, etc by most candidates and all the corporate media will be ignored.
All the more reason your donation before the year ends is critical. Every donation you make, be it one time or month will be matched up to $25,000 if made before January 1. We need a solid financial footing to do all we can to keep the voices of us all who demand fundamental democratic change that is proportional to the magnitude of the problems/crises we face.
Thank you for all your support! We look forward to moving together toward the growing movement to end corporate rule and end the corruption of big money in politics.
Jennie, Tara, Daniel, Margaret, Shelly, George, Michael, Jessica, Katie, Cole, Jason, Alfonso & Greg