Santa Clara County Move to Amend
Move to Amend is calling for an amendment to the US Constitution to unequivocally state that inalienable constitutional rights belong to human beings only, and that money is not a form of protected free speech under the First Amendment and should be regulated in political campaigns. House Bill HJR 48 supports these goals and is legislation that MTA lobbied to have introduced. HJR 48 had 75 cosponsors in the last Congress!
- Move To Amend was founded in September 2009.
- There are 46 active affiliates nationwide.
- Nearly 460,000 people have signed the Move To Amend Pledge.
- Members have helped pass more than 750 supporting resolutions and ballot measures.
- 7 states have passed resolutions similar to California’s Prop 59 (2016).
We are the Santa Clara County Affiliate of Move to Amend. We have been an active affiliate since 2011 doing outreach, education, and political action and can present our Democracy Workshop to any group or event. We meet the first Wednesday of every month. Please join us!