Is your House Representative a co-sponsor of H.R.1976, Medicare for All, but is NOT yet a co-sponsor of H.J.R.48, the We the People Amendment?
Will you please urge them to cosponsor H.J.R.48 today?
Corporations have invaded our health care – health insurance, hospitals, medical devices, Big Pharma. They stand between us and our doctors. Recent polls show a substantial majority of voters support Medicare for All, a single-payer system that would eliminate health insurance corporations and reign in the profits of other health-related corporations.
The We the People Amendment (H.J.R.48) establishes that corporations do not have the constitutional rights of human beings and political spending is not free speech which will protect Medicare for All from legal assaults by corporations on the basis of so-called corporate rights.
Past Supreme Court decisions [money is free speech and corporations have the same constitutional rights as natural persons] will allow health insurance corporations to sue the U.S. government using the 5th and 14th amendments when Medicare for All becomes law and get Medicare for All overturned. We need H.J.R.48 to pass and be ratified so Medicare for All cannot be declared unconstitutional by SCOTUS.
There are 48 Congresspeople who co-sponsor the Medicare for All Act (H.R.1976) who have NOT yet cosponsored the #WethePeopleAmendment (H.J.R.48). (See full list below.)
If one of these representatives is your Congressperson, please email call, and/or send them an MTA postcard and urge them to cosponsor H.J.R.48.
→ Follow this link and fill in your address and phone number. Our action software will provide you with a script and allow you to email and make the call. (Rest assured, we never share your information!)
If you would like to use a Move to Amend postcard with the text of the Amendment, you can order them HERE.
Hello, my name is _____. I am a constituent of Congressperson_____ and I want to thank them for co-sponsoring H.R.1976, the Medicare for All Act. I am also calling to request that they cosponsor H.J.R.48, the We the People Amendment.
Past Supreme Court decisions [money is free speech and corporations have the same constitutional rights as natural persons] will allow health insurance corporations to sue the U.S. government using the 5th and 14th amendments when Medicare for All becomes law and get Medicare for All overturned.
The We the People Amendment establishing that corporations do not have the constitutional rights of human beings and political spending is not free speech will protect Medicare for All from legal assaults by corporations on the basis of so-called corporate rights and I am asking Congressperson ____ to co-sponsor HJR 48, the We the People Amendment.
Congresspeople who co-sponsor H.R.1976 (Medicare for All Act of 2021) but NOT H.J.R.48 the We the People Amendment
- Rep. Brown, Anthony G. [D-MD-4]*
- Rep. Brown, Shontel M. [D-OH-11]
- Rep. Carson, Andre [D-IN-7]*
- Rep. Cherfilus-McCormick, Sheila [D-FL-20]
- Rep. Clark, Katherine M. [D-MA-5]*
- Rep. Cleaver, Emanuel [D-MO-5]*
- Rep. Cohen, Steve [D-TN-9]*
- Rep. Cárdenas, Tony [D-CA-29]*
- Rep. DeGette, Diana [D-CO-1]*
- Rep. Deutch, Theodore E. [D-FL-22]*
- Rep. Dingell, Debbie [D-MI-12]*
- Rep. Doyle, Michael F. [D-PA-18]*
- Rep. Escobar, Veronica [D-TX-16]*
- Rep. Frankel, Lois [D-FL-21]*
- Rep. Gallego, Ruben [D-AZ-7]*
- Rep. Gomez, Jimmy [D-CA-34]*
- Rep. Green, Al [D-TX-9]*
- Rep. Harder, Josh [D-CA-10]*
- Rep. Hayes, Jahana [D-CT-5]*
- Rep. Kahele, Kaiali'i [D-HI-2]*
- Rep. Kelly, Robin L. [D-IL-2]*
- Rep. Kildee, Daniel T. [D-MI-5]*
- Rep. Lawrence, Brenda L. [D-MI-14]*
- Rep. Levin, Andy [D-MI-9]*
- Rep. Maloney, Carolyn B. [D-NY-12]*
- Rep. Meeks, Gregory W. [D-NY-5]*
- Rep. Mfume, Kweisi [D-MD-7]
- Rep. Norcross, Donald [D-NJ-1]
- Rep. Pallone, Frank, Jr. [D-NJ-6]*
- Rep. Payne, Donald M., Jr. [D-NJ-10]*
- Rep. Price, David E. [D-NC-4]*
- Rep. Quigley, Mike [D-IL-5]
- Rep. Roybal-Allard, Lucille [D-CA-40]*
- Rep. Rush, Bobby L. [D-IL-1]*
- Del. Sablan, Gregorio Kilili Camacho [D-MP-At Large]*
- Rep. Sarbanes, John P. [D-MD-3]*
- Rep. Schiff, Adam B. [D-CA-28]*
- Rep. Scott, Robert C. "Bobby" [D-VA-3]*
- Rep. Sherman, Brad [D-CA-30]*
- Rep. Stansbury, Melanie Ann [D-NM-1]
- Rep. Thompson, Bennie G. [D-MS-2]*
- Rep. Torres, Ritchie [D-NY-15]*
- Rep. Veasey, Marc A. [D-TX-33]*
- Rep. Watson Coleman, Bonnie [D-NJ-12]*
- Rep. Wild, Susan [D-PA-7]*
- Rep. Williams, Nikema [D-GA-5]*
- Rep. Wilson, Frederica S. [D-FL-24]*
- Rep. Yarmuth, John A. [D-KY-3]*
Thank you for taking action!