Move to Amend has endorsed the #March4Gaza this Saturday, January 13th, in Washington D.C.
We echo the demands of an immediate and permanent ceasefire, the end of unconditional U.S. military aid to Israel, and accountability for war crimes perpetrated in violation of international law.
We believe structural changes are necessary for genuine self-determination for all people. Our commitment to anti-oppression within ourselves, communities, workplaces, policies, and representation guides us. It is through this lens that we witness the current violence and suffering in Israel and Gaza.
And, let's face it, it all connects back to corporate rule, money in politics, and lack of democracy.
- A majority of Americans support a ceasefire, yet are not being represented in Congress.
- Lobbyists for Israel (who advocate for unconditional aid and weaponry to be provided by the U.S.) poured over $58 million into the last election cycle, and are on track to exceed that amount as we head toward the upcoming election.
- Significant reservoirs of oil and natural gas have been found off the Gaza Strip and elsewhere under the occupied West Bank, according to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Many top Israeli officials, lawmakers, and citizens have made no secret of their intent to ethnically cleanse and raze the Gaza Strip, in order for Israeli settlers to redevelop the land for their own use, that will enrich an Israeli real estate corporation "notorious for building settlements in the illegally occupied West Bank."
With respect to acts committed by Israel in the context of its attacks on Gaza" Hearings on the provisional measures request will be streamed via the Court's website and the UN Web TV on Thursday 11 and Friday 12, January 2023.
We believe even more structural changes are needed to achieve genuine self-determination for all people, everywhere.
Move to Amend fully supports an immediate and permanent ceasefire in Gaza.
As an endorsing organization, Move to Amend encourages all our supporters to participate in this crucial cause, whether in person or remotely.
Why the March for Gaza?
The ongoing crisis in Gaza demands our immediate attention and collective action. The situation has reached a critical point, with Israel's occupation forces killing over 21,000 Palestinians (predominately women and children) since October 7th. With 54,000+ injured and approximately 1.8 million displaced in the last three months alone, the indiscriminate targeting of civilians by Israel must cease.
How You Can Support:
- Attend the March: If possible, join us in Washington DC on January 13th to make our collective voice heard.
- Remote Participation: If you cannot attend in person, use our One Click Software to call your Representative and Senators, demanding justice for Gaza.
Let us unite under the principles of justice, equality, and humanity. Together, we can make a difference and contribute to a world where the rights and dignity of every individual are respected.