All the Who-boys and Who-women, Who-girls and Who-men were stunned by the news that the Trump from Mt. Trump-it, still totally un-glued,
Was now ruling over Whoville, and all of the Who's in it. (Who knew?)
Then the Who's took a moment, and gathered their breath;
They gathered their voices and began yelling back:
Mr. Trump from Mt. Trumpit, resistance is growing by Who-leaps and Who-bounds, and we Who-people are not backing down.
We'll fight with Who-might for Who-rights and Who-power until the Trump from Mt Trump-it falls from his Ivory Trump Tower!
After that, the Who's began volunteering, forming committees and doing research. They spread out into their communities and began talking to their neighbors. The whole community worked together across differences to form a strategy to establish real participatory democracy, just like Move to Amend!
There are dozens of ways Move to Amend can put volunteer skills to work in building the democracy movement. Click here to sign-up.
Our mission is to establish authentic, participatory democracy for all people, not corporations. Our first goal is to help build a diverse democracy movement capable of passing the We the People Amendment. The amendment abolishes corporate constitutional rights (corporate personhood) and money as free political speech.
If you're new to Move to Amend, or joining the growing resistance; if you want to do more, but don't know where to start, or if your #1 issue just hit a brick wall built by the corporatized state, we invite you to volunteer with Move to Amend, the Campaign to Legalize Democracy!
We provide the tools and resources to become effective grassroots organizers. By volunteering, folks with all levels of expertise can hone skills in a number of arenas, or just help out as needed.
- Collect signatures on the Motion to Amend petition and help us grow our movement and expand our reach,
- Join or start a Move to Amend Affiliate in your area to perform the all important outreach and education necessary to movement building and participatory democracy,
- Join the We the People Lobby campaign to educate and work with elected officials to gain support for the We the People Amendment,
- Join a national committee and hone outreach, media, fundraising and other movement building and organizing skills.
Remember Cindy Lou Who?
She was the first Who to sing out in Whoville. Be like Cindy Lou Who, please volunteer today!
Not sure how to best get involved? No problem! Just sign up here and we'll give you a call to talk it over!
- Community Organizing
- Constitutional Amendment
- Corporate Personhood/Corporate Constitutional Rights
- Democracy Movement
- Money as Free Speech