To build a strong, organized movement we recognize it is essential for our local activists to have the ability to directly contact Move to Amend supporters in your area. Likewise, it is important you use this tool judiciously and carefully to best aid the movement to amend.
Affiliates and Account Holders must abide by the following guidelines:
- Supporter contact information cannot be shared with any other organization, individual, or used for any purpose other than direct Move to Amend organizing without prior permission from Move to Amend National. In order to protect our data integrity and supporter privacy, there will be a zero tolerance policy for any person or Affiliate who violates this term.
- Affiliates agree to submit all collected supporter contact information to Move to Amend National using the Petition Submission Form in a timely manner (ideally within a week of when someone signs up).
- Petition sheets and sign up forms may not be shared with other organizations or used for any purpose other than Move to Amend organizing.
- Content must be on topic/Move to Amend relevant and consistent with Move to Amend National's positions on issues.
- Content must be non-partisan.
- Content cannot contain profanity.
- Content cannot promote racist, sexist, ageist, homophobic or otherwise oppressive content.
- Content must be spell-checked and grammar-checked before submitting.
- Content must be checked for accuracy before submitting.
- Email blasts may not be sent more than once every two weeks, except in an emergency. This is to ensure that supporters do not feel bombarded by contact from Move to Amend. (Please remember that MTA National sends out blasts about 1-4 times a week as well)
- Each individual must register for a separate account - account log in information may not be shared between individuals.
If you have questions about whether email content, telephone contact, or other contact is appropriate, please ask MTA National by sending an email to email@example.com.
Anyone found violating these guidelines will be warned, or have website/database privileges suspended, or their Affiliate status revoked, or face legal action, depending on the nature of the offense.
Thanks for your cooperation - by holding a Move to Amend admin account you are representing Move to Amend to the world, thanks for helping us guard our public face and organizational reputation.
You will receive an email when your account has been created (sometimes takes a few days). Contact us at 916-318-8040 if you have not heard back within 2 days.