Below are graphics and image templates created my Move to Amend's grassroots leaders and coalition partners.
Affiliate Business Card
These cards are useful when networking (outreach) among strangers or acquaintances in an informal setting where preparation is not possible. The attachments are press-ready .pdfs, although you will want to customize the front page to reflect the local affiliation. We purchased 1000 cards and have used half of those in 8 months.
- Front is an adaptation of the MTA-Nat logo incorporating our affiliate status (SLO), with national website.
- Back is bullet text outlining our purpose and agenda. Below that is contact information: phone and email of member who inducts new recruits.
This card is most useful when discussing MTA background and goals in an informal environment with strangers or acquaintances. We were finding that the ramp-up to awareness is so lengthy that much of it is often forgotten, along with instructions on further study and contact with the affiliate. This takeaway increases significantly the chance of future contact from people who responded to the discussion and would like to participate further.
The rest is networking expertise:
- Always have several of the cards on hand.
- Look for opportunities to broach the topic and facilitate the ensuing discussion. Places like post office lines, coffeeshops, chamber of commerce meetings, checkout lines, waiting rooms or any other place where conversation occurs amongst strangers.
- Think up openings to introduce subject from the idle chatter that occurs all the time around us.
- When opportunity has ended, hand out the card, people will almost always take it. Don¹t ask if they¹d like one.
Created by Bill Ostrander, Dianne Jackson, Carol Rowsemitt, Lanyce Mills and Jerry Waidner of MTA of San Luis Obispo County.
Move to Amend Brochure
Download and print the Move to Amend brochure to help with your outreach and education efforts.
You can also purchase full color brochures from Move to Amend at cost below, or click here.
Sample Brochure: Why Do Corporations Have More Rights?
Brochure created by the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom.
English and Spanish version.
Sample Square Brochure
This flyer was created by the folks at Pueblo (CO) Move to Amend.
There is space in the stars and stripes section at the bottom of the back cover for Affiliate groups to put in your own contact information.
Sample Flyers for MTA Resolution Campaign
This flyer was prepared by Move to Amend Los Angeles for "Neighborhood Council" members. The content could be adapted to approach City Councilors or other local elected officials.
Sample Flyers for MTA Citizens Initiative
These flyers were created by our MTA Affiliates in Mendocino County (CA) for an initiative for the November 2012 ballot. Please contact them directly with questions: [email protected].
3'' Button Design
3" wide buttons designed by MTA organizers in Iowa.
Matt Wuerker Cartoons
Cartoonist Matt Wuerker worked with the Program on Corporations, Law and Democracy to design these excellent illustrations for activists to use.
Corporate Personhood Bookmark
Download and print this Corporate Personhood Bookmark to help with your outreach and education efforts.