- Tuesday, April 3 - Join the Pledge to Amend 2018 Campaign. Get all the details for how to participate in our Pledge to Amend 2018 campaign targeting candidates running for office. Register!
Special Topic: Inclusivity & Intersectionality in the Pro-Democracy Movement
Sunday, March 25 - Inclusivity & Intersectionality in the Pro-Democracy Movement Webinar #1, 1pm Pacific/4pm Eastern - Register
- Thursday, March 29 - Inclusivity & Intersectionality in the Pro-Democracy Movement Webinar #2, 5pm Pacific/8pm Eastern - Register
Free Speech for People and Move to Amend are hosting a coming together of activists and organizers within the Pro-Democracy Movement (Amendment Movement) to discuss the importance of approaching this work with an intersectional analysis.
The goal of these webinars is to give activists who are involved in passing the 28th amendment, or who are involved more broadly in democracy reform, tools to make our movement more intersectional and inclusive by focusing on connecting with, learning from, supporting and building with communities marginalized by systems of oppression. These are some general tips, not at all inclusive of all the tools that exist for this purpose.
The individuals on this webinar all have insight to intersectional and anti-oppression based organizing and have created content to approach issues with this lens.
These webinars will both have the same agenda - we are offering the webinar twice to make it more accessible!
Monthly Take Action Webinars are the first Tuesday of every month (unless otherwise noted)
2pm Hawaii / 4pm Alaska / 5pm Pacific / 6pm Mountain / 7pm Central / 8pm Eastern
These online trainings are an opportunity for folks to connect with Move to Amend and learn about organizing tools and campaign opportunities, and to connect with other MTA community organizers across the country.
All are welcome - no past experience required!
Minimum Technology Requirements
- A Broadband Internet Connection
- A PC Computer using Windows or Mac Operating System (Android or iPad Tablets also supported to Attend)
- The latest version of Adobe Flash installed.
- A Phoneline for Conference Call (only if not listening through computer speakers)