The Move to Amend Coalition is a grassroots campaign to amend the Constitution to state that artificial entities such as corporations, unions, and non-profits do not have inherent rights under the Constitution, and that money is not free speech so campaign spending can be regulated. MTA focuses on movement building and community organizing, emphasizing leadership from communities most impacted by corporate power such as people of color, low-income people, women, LGBTQIA+ people and youth.
MTA is structured to empower grassroots community leaders through affiliate groups that organize locally for the amendment campaign. The coalition’s “We the People Amendment” was introduced in Congress in February 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021 and soon 2023. Representative Pramila Jayapal will introduce the We the People Amendment into the 118th Congress.
Reporting to and in partnership with the National Co-Directors, the Fundraising Coordinator will create and manage the fundraising plan which includes maintaining and developing strong relationships with our current and prospective donors.
Move to Amend currently has stable funding sources, including an active supporter list of over 100,000 and over 5,000 donors.
Before applying, please thoroughly review the Move to Amend coalition’s GROUND RULES & ASSUMPTIONS.
- Develop and implement annual fundraising plan
- With the assistance of the Fundraising Committee, prepare grant proposals and reports
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and businesses
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and carry out a plan to achieve a large, sustained base of annual individual donors
- Provide oversight and support for fundraising campaigns and events
- Organize events in relation to fundraising campaigns.
- Coordinate and train staff, Board of Directors, volunteers and interns responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Experience in non-profit and/ or grassroots political campaign fundraising from individual donors and through grants and events
- Advanced computer and internet proficiency
- Experience with donor management systems
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Passion for democracy and amending the Constitution
- Superb writing skills and ability to communicate in a precise, concise, accessible and persuasive manner (will be asked to submit writing samples)
- Ability to work independently from a distance
- Graphics design skill and experience is a plus
- Experience with NationBuilder a plus, but not required
Part-time, 20-30 hours/week, $26.75/hr.
Send resume, formal cover letter, writing sample (topical to the position is best - Grant Writing samples a plus), and three professional references. Send to [email protected] with the subject “Fundraising Coordinator Application.”